- About us
The CORE pilot training was successfully launched in July 2011. To date, we have trained members from numerous agencies and local governments including: AIFDR, Caritas, Habitat for International, IOM, NDMA, Red Cross, and UN.
CORE is a training programme, funded by ECHO and DFID, which consists of Training of Trainers (ToT) and Workshop training programmes. It offers for the first time the opportunity for all humanitarian stakeholders worldwide to agree and deliver together the same introductory humanitarian technical training, carrying the messages of the CCCM, Early Recovery, Emergency Shelter, Protection and Wash clusters of the IASC, as a foundation to humanitarian capacity building, DDR and national resilience.
Building on the success of 2012, and looking to carry momentum into 2013, CORE will provisionally be initiated in:
- Timor - Leste
- West Java
The objective of CORE is to enhance humanitarian capacity and resilience at national level.
Trainers are coming from partner organisations representing RedR India and Benchmark Consulting.
Previous training courses:
- Kathmandu, Nepal with RedR-India: 2 - 6 October 2012
- New Dehli, India with RedR-India: 30 April- 4 May 2012
- Sydney, Australia with ARUP: 23 - 27 January 2012
- Myanmar with Oxfam: 9 - 13 January 2012
- CORE Training Workshops: Yogyakarta, Indonesia: 12- 16 December 2011
- CORE Training Workshops: Thailand: 1 - 6 September 2011
- CORE ToT Indonesia: 23 – 28 July 2011
- CORE ToT Thailand : 2 – 9 July 2011